Dining in and around the Lake Taupo Region
Taupo has an excellent range of dining options, from local cafés to gastronomic restaurants. When staying at Rive Gauche B&B Lodge please ask us for Taupo dining recommendations. We will be happy to make restaurant reservations for you. Check out our favourite Taupo cafés and restaurants below:
- L'Arté - Voted Lonely Planet's No 1 café pick for the Central North Island and one of the top 10 places to visit in New Zealand
- Lava Glass - Glass blowing studio, gallery and cafés for a fine rangne of locally themed glass pieces.
- Vine Eatery and Bar - Mediterranean and New Zealand cuisine, craft beer, fine wine and cocktail lounge
- The Bistro - European-style dining experience at a price the average Kiwi can afford. Described as "simple but nice" cuisine with European flair
- Plateau Bar and Eatery - Award-winning New Zealand meeting place that serves the finest craft beers and Kiwi inspired food.
- The Brantry - Award winning restaurant with top quality New Zealand cuisine creating a unique dining experience.
- Lake House, Taupo - Serves the finest Craft Beer and sources their food from local producers.
- Lotus Thai Restaurant - Extensive menu prepared by Thai chefs and served by staff in traditional Thai costume.