Within easy reach of Rive Gauche Bed and Breakfast you will find many things to see and do, with activities to suit people of all ages, interests and budgets. New Zealand's thermal areas and Great Lake Taupo cycle trails are prominent attractions. We at Rive Gauche are happy to help plan your stay in Taupo and to recommend some of the many local activities in the Lake Taupo and Tongariro National Park regions.
* Taupo Cycling Events and Trails - There are cycle trails in the nearby Wairakei forest to suit all levels. Taupo town hosts the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge, and multidisciplinary events such as the International Iron-man in March.
* Mountain Biking - Explore the Great Lake Trails. Drop-off and pick-up offered by Great Lake Shuttles (transport and hire).
* Wairakei Tourist Park - Within the park Huka Falls and Aratiatia rapids are free local attractions, with Huka Falls being only 2km (30 minutes walk) away. Other popular attractions include Craters of the Moon, Volcanic Activity Centre, Honey Hive, Golf Driving range and Prawn Park.
* Adventure activities - Taupo Bungy, Taupo Tandem Sky Diving.
* Arts and crafts - Taupo Museum holds regular exhibitions, as well as being host to the award winning Ora garden. There are a number of popular galleries, some of which have cafés attached.
* Thermal areas - the three major thermal areas of the Central North Island are located between Taupo and Rotorua, with the closest being only 30 minutes drive from Rive Gauche: Waiotapu Thermal Valley, Waimangu Thermal Valley, Orakei Korako.
* Relaxation therapies - In clinic and at home treatments are available.