Rive Gauche is a boutique bed and breakfast lodge offering quality home-hosted accommodation with B&B and self-catering options. The property is located on a one hectare site with its own private vineyard overlooking the Waikato River valley from the left bank (rive gauche) of the river, between Taupo and Huka Falls. Spacious outdoor living areas include garden courtyards for outdoor relaxation.
Your quality accommodation is in two well-appointed B&B rooms, King & Queen, and a Studio unit.
Some reasons to stay at Rive Gauche:
- convenient location two kilometres from Taupo town centre
- modern architect-designed, purpose-built home set in landscaped grounds
- walking and cycle trails of Wairakei Tourist Park on the doorstep
- genuine hospitality offered by well-travelled Kiwi hosts
- self-contained and B&B options available
- English & French spoken
- SKY TV and WiFi
We invite you to spend a few days to discover what the beautiful Taupo region has to offer. New Zealand's three main thermal areas are only 30-40 mins drive from Rive Gauche, and we are central to 4 other major tourist destinations: Rotorua, Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park, Napier and Waitomo - all within 1-2 hours drive.