Rive Gauche B&B Lodge offers boutique home-hosted accommodation near Lake Taupo, New Zealand. Architect-designed and European influenced, our property has its own private vineyard and is located in a cul de sac in a quiet semi-rural neighbourhood. Overlooking the Waikato River valley from the left bank (rive gauche) of the river near Huka Falls, the property is a convenient, peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Taupo township and an excellent base from which to explore the Central North Island.
Your accommodation options include two well-appointed, serviced bed and breakfast rooms, King & Queen, and a self-contained Studio designed to give you maximum independence and privacy, with breakfast available as an option.
* pinot gris vineyard with wine available for tasting and purchase
Why stay with us at Rive Gauche?
* modern architect-designed home set in landscaped grounds
* bed & breakfast and self-catering accommodation options
* convenient location 2 km from downtown Taupo
* Wairakei International golf course 5 km, walking & bike trails nearby
* genuine hospitality offered by well-travelled Kiwi hosts
* Fluent French spoken. Sky TV and Wifi available
Why not stay a few days to discover what the beautiful Lake Taupo region has to offer. Taupo offers many adventrue adventure activites including skydiving, rafting, mountian biking and bungy jumping. If this is not your thing, New Zealand's three main thermal areas are only 30-40 mins drive away and we are central to 4 other major tourist destinations: Rotorua, Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park, Napier and Waitomo, all within 1-2 hours drive.
Be assured of a warm welcome, great breakfasts, good conversation and your choice of relaxing or action-packed days during your stay at Rive Gauche B&B Taupo. We are happy to help you plan your time with us, suggesting suitable itineraries, activities, cafés and restaurants for your enjoyment during your stay.